The Benedictine nunnery has been standing at its present location ever since 1664. It is located in the family house of poet Hanibal Lucić (1485-1553). His daughter-in-law Yulia bequeathed it to the Benedictines in 1591. The nunnery premises also include the Baroque Church of St. Anthony from the 17th century and an art collection showing lacework made of agave threads. The Benedictine nunnery is known for fine agave lacemaking since the 19th century, which is now recognised as a UNESCO Cultural Heritage of Humanity.